Wednesday 2 May 2012

Progression- Project 3

This was the semester long Product Development Project, where I created Topshop Vibe- Topshop's own in-store cafe. For this project I had created a lot of practical work such as a press pack, goody bag and everything that went with them. I had also made a Topshop cup sleeve as free gift for my press pack. Therefore I had to take images of these and edit them in photoshop. I got my sister to take the pictures with her Nikon SLR so they were good quality for editing, and I then reduced the image size on photoshop to 72 dpi.







I also reworked the webpages I had created to make them look less 'Kitsch' as this was a negative from my feedback:



 I did not want to be too drastic with the change as it needed to stay consistent with my practical promotions. I felt the biggest issue with the website was the colours I had used as they were abit too feminine and the pink and the green together did not really reflect something the brand would do. The website is fairly simple so I went back to basic colours such as black and grey to create a more simplified version of the webpage. I kept the green header to keep a consistent colour throughout.


I formatted the project onto the portfolio, again assigning it its own signature colour to separate the section. I used the eyedropper to take a green from one of the promotional materials and reduced the opacity down to keep it subtle. I wanted this page to look like a PR page of a magazine showcasing products. I also enlarged part of the Press Release from the press pack to make it legible to whoever is visiting the portfolio. I used the elipse tool to create a decorative circle design to highlight the press pack and project title.

No comments:

Post a Comment