Tuesday 1 May 2012

Progression- Project 1

T-shirt Project:














Above are some of the screen shots of my progression through my first project. I decided to rework the Spring/Summer trend board as all of the inspirations for the graphics were there but just not being communicated enough. I therefore looked up for more suitable trend images and found more that were closer to my original design. I felt that the graphics trend board needed to be completely redone however, as it had too many images and none of them were reflected in my designs. I knew that my designs had been created from my graphics research however, from looking at the boards this was not very clear. 

I began to format the project in my portfolio to suit the magazine style. However, I decided each project needed a separate colour scheme, with consistent colours running through so I updated this:


I used the eyedropper tool on an image from the trend boards to create the background colour and lowered the opacity. I also used the pen tool to create some blue splashes in the background to match the colours in the T-shirts and to create an interesting design. 

The inspiration for the page was from More Magazine, where they had an image of a celebrity with arrows pointing from her clothes to separate pieces that were similar. I therefore thought this would be a great way to really show off the ideas behind my trend boards.

No comments:

Post a Comment