Thursday 26 April 2012

Magazine Inspirations


I have decided the layout for my portfolio will definitely be in the style of a magazine as I feel it reflects where I would like to be in the future as well as a real interest of mine. 

I have therefore been gathering all of my old and new mags to try and get as much research for layout and design as possible!

Here I have scanned a few of my favourite layout themes:































I have mostly been looking at weekly magazines, as although I love high end fashion mag's such as Vogue, Harpers Bazaar, ID and Dazed, I feel like my style and personality is not suited to that kind of magazine. I am pretty much a typical high-street loving girl and this is exactly what magazines such as Look and More aim towards. I therefore feel that my layout should be based around their kind of style more.  They use bold bright colours and fonts and have lots of graphic effects to make pages look interesting and creative. This is all something I will have to incorporate into my layout, as well as achieving the right tone of voice for the layout style.


No comments:

Post a Comment