Monday 16 April 2012

Layout Ideas

The layout for my CV and Portfolio design has to reflect my own personality to make it relevant to me and the direction I want to take in the future.


The areas I am most interested in are PR or Visual Merchandising. I am also interested in working for a magazine and even being a freelance proffesional blogger.



Therefore I have come up with the following ideas for a layout design for my portfolio:

1) A window display theme, with props and mannequins as background visuals and my work being the main focus. The issue with this design is how I will effectively structure my CV. I could get around this by having my CV as stickers on the 'window'.

2) A press pack layout design. This could become really diverse in design. It could be a box template, with my CV and work showcased on different areas of the box, as seen in my research of creative CV designs earlier. However, space will be an issue with this design.

Another take I could have on the press pack layout is by taking the elements that make up a press pack and using them in my design. Forexample, my CV could be the Press Release with dates of experience etc. on business cards appropriately formatted in a creative way. My work could then be showcased in a digital 'booklet.'

3) A website/online magazine layout. A website layout would be fairly simple to do but I do not know if this is creative enough for my portfolio. I do not want it to look boring and unimaginative.

4) My final layout idea is to have a magazine layout. This is relevant to the majority of the areas I am interested in progressing in and also reflects my own interests as I am an avid fashion magazine reader. There are so many varieties of magazines and layouts, fonts etc. I will be able to create a design that suits me and is fun and interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment